THE ‘RULE OF SIX’, MASKS, CURFEW
AND TRACK & TRACE
Face masks: A gentle reminder that everyone is now required to wear a facemask in all public areas around the pub, except when you are sat at your table. As for our staff, they too will be wearing them when in a public areas.
10pm curfew: We serve dinner from 5.30pm and so should you wish to book a little earlier to allow for the new 10pm curfew, by all means contact us on 01347 821506 to book in a little earlier. However we will be asking you to have left the pub by 10pm. Should you wish to move your booking to an earlier time, do please get in touch by email or by phone.
If you are staying with us we regret that the rules still apply to you, but we are able to offer you your dessert or cheeseboard back in your room and we can organise for you to take drinks/a bottle back to your room with you.
Rule of six: Whether you are from multiple households or one household, six is still the magic number!
NHS Test and Trace
If you visited us last week, you’ll have already seen the NHS Test and Trace posters about the pub. If you have the NHS COVID-19 app you can quickly and easily ‘check in’ to The Durham Ox by scanning the QR code. If you do not have the App, don’t worry, we can take your details when you arrive.
DO YOU KNOW?
We now have a wedding licence and so can hold small wedding ceremonies and celebrations for up to 15 people to comply with the current regulations.
You can book the Private Dining Room for our special Rule of Six menu with drinks.
(6 courses matched with Champagne, red and white wine, Port and a Cocktail for £666)
We have updated our online booking system to show availability to make the booking process easier. During these times, our availability is constantly changing so if you are looking for a last minute break, either look on the website (Book Your Stay) or call us.
Ivy Cottage, our self-catering cottage sleeps six – you might even want to combine it with the Private Dining option to make a real celebration.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to The Durham Ox and we want all our guests who eat, drink or stay at The Durham Ox to be safe in the knowledge that we are taking every precaution to keep our team and our customers safe and secure while delivering a great Ox experience.
On arrival at The Durham Ox, please park in the car park. Don’t forget to wear your mask. Access is via the rear steps of the pub only. On entering the pub, there is a meet and great station where we will check you in, or show you to your table for dining or drinking. We do aim to stagger bookings, but should someone already be waiting, please do keep a minimum of one metre apart as per the guidelines.
We have invested in a medical grade fogger to disinfect the pub and bedrooms between visits. Please note that we will be unable to service bedrooms for multi-night stays.
The Durham Ox is an old building with pinch points, narrow walk ways, doorways and small bathrooms. Please be as sensible as possible to keeping your social distance and help us keep The Durham Ox a safe space. The only entrance into the pub is via the steps to the rear of the pub.
Should you not feel well, please contact us immediately and we will make any necessary arrangements for moving your booking, please do not for any reason enter the building.
The Durham Ox Safe Space Code
We want all our guests who eat, drink or stay at The Durham Ox to be safe, secure and able to relax in the knowledge we are doing everything necessary to protect you, our customers and our team members from the risk of infection.
We have been championing this Safe Space Code since we reopened in July which has been developed together with taking guidance and advice from UK Hospitality, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, and other hygiene experts. We use this Code as the framework from which to create individual risk assessments tailored to The Durham Ox. Our five point code takes account of:
1. Social Distancing – complying with evolving government guidelines in the most practical and effective way for The Durham Ox to help ensure that you, our team members and our suppliers are always safe.
2. Extra Hygiene Measures – putting in place effective extra measures, like hand sanitiser and cleaning at the key times and in particular in the key high traffic areas and investing in a Medical Grade fogger for the bedrooms.
3. Team training and supervision – we’re proud of our team and the knowledge and skills they have. We’ve made sure they have the training and guidance to deal with any issues arising from coronavirus.
4. Public spaces and our guest experience – We’ve run through what you as a customer used to do in different areas of The Durham Ox, and have made the appropriate changes to give you and the team the safe space that we all need to enjoy the pub.
5. What we ask of you – things have changed but all we ask is that you enjoy your time with us, follow any requests we make to help protect you, our other guests and our team members. Please bear with us if some things take slightly longer than they used to, we’re probably just ensuring that we’re doing things safely!
We trust our Code will assure you that we are extremely serious about everyone’s safety and give you confidence that the team will be doing all that is necessary to protect everyone so you can relax and enjoy the experience.